David Beckham made an appearance on Desert Island Discs and shared some of his favorite songs with the audience. As part of the show’s 75th anniversary celebration, the former footballer took part in a ‘castaway’ segment, in which he picked eight songs from artists such as The Stone Roses and The Rolling Stones to take along with him.
David Beckham made an appearance on Desert Island Discs as the castaway for the show’s 75th anniversary. The Stone Roses, Elton John, and The Rolling Stones were among the artists whose music the football legend selected as his eight favorite records. Francis Mallmann’s cuisine guide On Fire, written by Francis Mallmann, was his luxury item, and his book was one of his England crowns.
- 1 What songs did David Beckham chose on Desert Island Discs?
- 2 What is the most chosen song on Desert Island Discs?
- 3 What music does Beckham listen to?
- 4 What are the best Desert Island Discs?
- 5 What station is Desert Island Discs on?
- 6 Did David Bowie do Desert Island Discs?
- 7 Has Mick Jagger been on Desert Island Discs?
- 8 What songs did Ian Wright choose on Desert Island Discs?
- 9 Who refused the Bible on Desert Island Discs?
- 10 Who picked all their own songs on Desert Island Discs?
- 11 Who has done Desert Island Discs twice?
What songs did David Beckham chose on Desert Island Discs?
- Radio 4’s 75th Anniversary Special features David Beckham’s eight ″Desert Island Discs,″ as well as his reasoning for selecting them. Ella Fitzgerald’s ″Every Time We Say Goodbye″ is a classic.
- Stone Roses’ ″I Am The Resurrection″ is a standout track.
- Something About The Way You Look Tonight is a song by Elton John.
- Alejandro Sanz – No Es No Lismo (There Is No Lismo)
What is the most chosen song on Desert Island Discs?
Top Tracks and Artists of the Year Handel’s Messiah was the piece of music that the majority of the castaways chose, with 119 castaways voting for it.
What music does Beckham listen to?
In his own words, he explains that some songs bring back memories of his hometown, and that the CD he chose, I Am the Resurrection by The Stone Roses – ″one of my favorite bands ever″ – is one of those songs.
What are the best Desert Island Discs?
- Nine of the most moving Desert Island Discs are presented here. Maya Angelou (1987) – Discovering one’s own voice.
- Looking for a way ahead, according to John Lloyd (2012)
- In the company of Jacqueline du Pré (1977), coping with sickness is explored.
- Daniel Barenboim (2006) – Coping with the sickness of someone else.
- A film by Yoko Ono, entitled The Power of Love, was released in 2007.
- The final stroll by Alfred Wainwright, published in 1988.
What station is Desert Island Discs on?
Desert Island Discs is a radio show on BBC Radio 4.
Did David Bowie do Desert Island Discs?
Despite the fact that Bowie, who died in 2016 from liver cancer, never came on the show, his music was a popular option for other guests: at the time of his death, 38 celebrities – including Noel Gallagher, Damian Lewis, and Rick Gervais – had chosen a Bowie song as their background music.
Has Mick Jagger been on Desert Island Discs?
The best part is that Mick Jagger is one of the show’s last remaining big-name targets, despite the fact that the Rolling Stones leader has repeatedly refused to participate on the show. Enter guitarist Keith Richards, whose smokey voice provided the perfect backdrop for some hilarious stories.
What songs did Ian Wright choose on Desert Island Discs?
3) His’surprise CD’ serves as the first piece of music he chooses for the island. ″I’m confident that no one would ever guess this one,″ Ian adds, referring to the fact that it is music that he believes no one would ever link with him. An aria from Mozart’s opera The Marriage of Figaro, as heard in the film The Shawshank Redemption, is the inspiration for this song.
Who refused the Bible on Desert Island Discs?
Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs has featured an interview with David Walliams, who has become one of the rare interviewers who decline to read from the Bible. When they are cast away on their imaginary island, all of the guests on the show are handed the holy book, as well as the Complete Works of Shakespeare, to read.
Who picked all their own songs on Desert Island Discs?
During an episode of BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs, American record producer Nile Rodgers chose tracks from his own personal collection. In addition to being a part of the Chic music group, which has sold more than 500 million albums and 75 million singles worldwide, he is also a film producer.
Who has done Desert Island Discs twice?
A radio producer for Radio 4’s Before They Were Famous answered by saying, ‘Hugh Laurie has appeared on Desert Island Discs on two separate occasions. I had no idea that was even a possibility.